Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good Ol' Music

One of my favourite CDs to put on is a mix I made a long time ago of my favourite classic songs. When I say classic, I just mean "older" ~ from the 20s & 30s. There's something about those songs that put me in a good mood! I was reading my cousin/friend's blog yesterday and she mentioned putting on a record of swing music, and that made me crave listening to some of these great old songs. I found some of my favourites online and posted them in here, so if you feel like listening, have a go! Enjoy!
[*note: If you press 'play' and it says 'error,' just press 'play' again and it should work. Also if there's a message with "allow" or "deny" just press "deny"]





Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better ~ Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters
This is one of my very favourites! I love Bing Crosby of course, and the "bickering" between him and the others in this song is just so funny

~~~~~~~~~~~




Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny ~ The Andrews Sisters
My other favourite of the Andrews Sisters. 


Chattanooga Choo-Choo ~ The Andrews Sisters
A very well-known one by the Andrews Sisters... it's so catchy!
~~~~~~~~~~~





When You're Smiling ~ Billie Holiday
I love lots of her stuff, but this is one of my favourites

~~~~~~~~~~~





You're the Top ~ James Gillan
This is a cover of the original song written by Cole Porter in the 30s. It's been covered by a lot of people, but I liked this version, from the Easy Virtue soundtrack.




When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going ~ Jessica Biel, Andy Caine, Ben Barnes, Colin Firth
Another one from the Easy Virtue soundtrack. It's not an old song, but I love the trumpets and piano in it (it makes it sound classic), and for some reason like the whole introduction of the Easy Virtue Band in the middle... it's just a fun song. 

~~~~~~~~~~~




I Enjoy Being A Girl ~ Doris Day
It's not swing or anything, but it is my favourite Doris Day song! It's just so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Easy Virtue was a great movie. I forgot about it!

    Oh, Colin. Why are you so fabulous?

    ReplyDelete