Monday, April 4, 2011

A Few Memories

Since I posted yesterday about Gaelic and mentioned The Rankin Family, I took a trip down memory lane and listened to all my favourite songs by the Rankins (though, admittedly, I've had North Country on my computer for a long time and listen to it now and then). They've got a lot of great ones! I was remembering going to their concert in Toronto at Massey Hall (years ago) ~ which will always remain as one of my favourite concerts ever. Good times! And still felt sad seeing John Morris in some of the videos... I still think about him every single year on my birthday (because we shared the same birthday).

While on my trip down memory lane, I found a few of their Gaelic songs on YouTube set to images, and I thought I'd share them. I know this music isn't to everyone's liking, but I think it's absolutely beautiful...

First are my two very favourites:  An Tied Thu Leam A Mhairi and An Innis Aigh
And also,

Chi Mi Na Morbheanna:





Oich U Agus H-Iuraibh Eile:




And, on another note, I am glad to say that I finished my cross-stitch that I had been working on! It's just gotta be cleaned up and ironed out, and then it's ready to frame! I'm so glad it's done! Now I've got to work on another one that I've had on the go for years already... it feels like that one will never get done! Oh well, at least I've got one completed.  Here it is (not ironed, etc, so it still looks not too good):


No comments:

Post a Comment