Monday, March 21, 2011

Country House Rescue

For my first post here, I'm going to share a new tv show discovery! I was on the internet yesterday trying to find out if I could watch one of my favourite shows ~ Location, Location, Location ~ on its original broadcasting station (channel 4 in the UK). While I was looking into that, I ran across information for another channel 4 show called Country House Rescue. Reading its name, I thought it was about quaint little country cottages or something, but it's actually quite the opposite! These "country houses" they go to are some of the most incredible historic mansions I've ever seen! For example:







The show is summarized as this:
In each episode, the hotelier and country house expert Ruth Watson visits a struggling country house and tries to turn its fortunes by giving advice and suggestions to the owner/s.

Unfortunately, we can't view it online through channel 4, but I did find one link to watch an episode online (watch it here), and if you search hard enough, you can find some to download as well. It's worth looking for ~ these homes are amazing. It's hard to imagine that people actually live in them still today!
So if you get a chance, check it out. It's a great show... I can't wait to watch more of it!

3 comments:

  1. "Hotelier" - that sounds like something I would like to be.

    I can't wait to sit down and watch these episodes!

    PS. Love the name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow jess...u did a great job on the blog...looks amazing...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This show is really great and I am an Austen fan so nice to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete