Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Absence

I just wanted to post quick and apologize for my absence the past few days! I've been spending my spare time, which I usually would spend posting here, working on something else. I was talking to a friend this weekend and somehow we got on the subject of embroidery, and discovered that it was a hobby of us both; but that we both also have the horrible habit of spending so much time working on a project, and then would get tired of working on it, and put it away and not touch it for months on end. Then finally pick it back up and work on it like crazy, then get tired of it, put it away, etc, etc, etc. It made me decide to get out a cross-stitch that I have been working on for a while, and to finally finish it! I don't have much to do... just the back stitching (which is my least favourite part, hence why I keep putting it off). So the past couple of days, when I get some spare time, I pick it up and work on it (well, as much as Mulligan will let me...). And I won't put it away this time ~ I promise I'll finish it! ;)
But, until then, I may be a bit slacking with posts here. I'll be sure to show you when I'm done though! Here's what it looks like right now:



On a completely different note... I was thinking this morning that it was just last week that we had that major snowstorm. Last week mom and Aunt Joanne were supposed to come over, but they couldn't because the roads were so bad, and Aunt Jo's kids were home from school, etc. It was an awful snowy day. Now, exactly one week later, it's gorgeous and sunny outside ~ you'd never know that only 7 days ago we were all snowed in! 
Though, I did get a little worried because there was a cloud in the sky this morning... but thankfully it didn't amount to anything. (haha)


1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! I remember that piece. Actually, I just thought of it on Monday because I went to Pottery Barn and in Pottrey Barn Kids, everything is Peter Rabbit. I thought that was really cute, you know... as opposed to more tacky Easter things... Then I remembered watching Beatrix Potter and you working on that. I'll look amazing, like all of your embroidery.

    As for the cloud, I would have been worried, as you can never be too careful. These things just start small and before you know it, it's a blizzard. ;)

    ReplyDelete