Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mom's Garden

Today Mulligan and I went to mom & dad's house again. Even though the weather network was calling for rain, it ended up being gorgeous out for most of the day, so I got to go enjoy mom's gardens! I took a bunch of pictures all around the garden of some of my favourite things. Of course, pictures don't do it justice ~ especially since you can't capture the scents ~ but at least you'll get an idea of some of the beautiful things mom works on in her backyard.

There were lots of diamond droplets on leaves

One of mom's many lilac bushes

 


Love the curl of the leaves!

Back corner garden

There's little surprises all throughout the garden!

The leaves looked so soft!

Garden bench


Love the texture of this leaf

Don't they look like a watercolour painting?

Lovely irises






Mulligan sure had fun... but we sure didn't have fun listening to him barking all morning in his excitement of being at mom & dad's!

Sweet Lily of the Valley


I absolutely love Lily of the Valley! Mom sent me home with a little vase of it ~ I've been enjoying it's scent all evening!

2 comments:

  1. All of the Lily of the Valley is about to bloom in the back woods. It's one of my most favourite too!

    Your mom's gardens look so lovely. They are always gorgeous, and perfectly manicured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I remember spending a few days @ your mom's when the boys were little. The boys loved the bunny "Licorice"! Her yard was beautiful then too! Carla vdB

    ReplyDelete