Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Dreamed a Dream

Is it almost Christmas yet?! And no, I don't mean for presents or anything like that... I mean for the new Les Miserables movie that's coming to theatres at Christmas! That's right! A new movie production of Les Miserables, this time based on the musical. How fantastic is that going to be? And as if that's not good enough on its own, it's got an awesome cast in it, including Hugh Jackman playing Jean Valjean (YAY!) and Anne Hathaway as Fantine (one of my favourite actresses)! Russel Crowe is also in it, as Inspector Javert, which I initially wasn't all too thrilled about since I'm not really a fan of Crowe; but as my friend Katie pointed out, he will actually be pretty perfect as Javert, who is, afterall, one of those "wounded," "brooding," "egotistical," etc, characters. It suits Crowe well. haha  Anyway, an actress I'm not familiar with is playing Cosette; nor do I know the actor who is playing Marius. But I'm sure they'll be great. :) And Samantha Barks is playing Eponine, whom she also was on stage and at the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary special.
I am SO looking forward to this movie! Watch the trailer, and you'll see why...  it really looks like it's going to be great!




Here are a few pictures as well:

The police (lead by Javert)

Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean (and young Cosette)

Enemies, Javert and Valjean

Eponine

Movie Poster  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment